Today we are going to be taking a look at a fantastic piece of equipment. The Hubsan X4 H107C. Not to be confused with the X4 H107D, which we will talk about in a another review. This little powerhouse is one of the best drones for under $100 and in this article we will explain the pros and cons of the unit as well as other alternatives that are available. So, lets dive in and take a look at Tiny Drone’s Hubsan X4 review!
Why the X4 H107C?
There are some great features that are apparent in the Hubsan X4 H107C. For one it sports a 720p camera. This is something that is lacking in both the Hubsan Q4 as well as the H107D. I should mention that while the H107D does have a camera, its only 480p so the image quality will not match the H107C.
The Hubsan X4 also has sports an elegant design that doesn’t exist in the Q4 or the H107D. They are much more box-like and don’t have the same “cool” factor that the X4 H107C has.
However the one large draw back that the X4 has is its charging time. You are looking at a 30 minute charge for only 7-10 Minutes of flight. This puts you in a position where you are almost forced to buy extra batteries. If you are using the unit mainly for surveying its not a huge issue but if you are an avid flier, that 7 minutes will be gone in a flash. The Q4 on the other hand can get a 10 minute flight out of only a 15 minute charge time.
Hubsan X4 vs Q4
Lets take a look at how the X4 compares against the Q4. The first obvious difference between the two units is size. The Q4 is only 5 centimeters by 5 centimeters. Where as the X4 is 13 centimeters by 13 centimeters. However that three times size increase gives the X4 the added benefit of being far more durable then its Q4 counterpart.
Another thing you will notice about the Q4 is it has no camera. This is mainly due to its size. However this reason alone puts the X4 as a better purchase for many quad-copter enthusiasts.
Finally the controller. When comparing the two you will notice right away that the X4’s controller is much easier to hold, and also far more accurate when flying. The Q4’s controller is tiny in comparison and often very difficult to use for people with larger hands.
Hubsan X4 H107C vs X4 H107D
Comparing the Hubsan X4 H107C against the H107D is a much more difficult task as they are so similar. At half the price the H107C is by far the more cost effective drone. However the fact that it has a 720p shows that it shoots better video then H107D.
In fact really the only thing that makes the Hubsan H107D cost more is its First Person View controller. That’s where most of your extra money is going because aside from that and the body shell both X4’s share the exact same parts. For some people a FPV (First person View) is a must and because of that the H107C is not for them. However if you are not interested in what you’re shooting and are more interested in getting the quality of the video, then the H107C is by far a better purchase overall.
Whats in the box?
- 1x Hubsan X4 With 2.0MP Video Camera – The baby its self! Not much to say about this.
- 1x Remote Control – The non-FPV controller. A great upgrade from the Q4 but a slight downgrade from the X4 H107D
- 1x USB Charging Cable – a standard USB cable which attaches to the X4 battery. It can be used either through a computer or a charging block into AC adapter.
- 4x Spare Blades – Because we all make mistakes! Don’t worry the Hubsan X4’s got you covered for your first four!
- 4x Rubber Feet – These feet allow the quad-copter to land softly almost every time!
- 1x 380mAh 3.7V battery – The heart of your machine. However at only 7 minutes of flight time you may consider picking up another one!
- 1x Hubsan X4 Instruction Manual – Who reads these anymore? Well you should because its got everything you need to know about your new drone!
After you get your own Hubsan X4 be sure to check out our Quadcopter Flying Tips article!